Card Payment Fees
You may want to pass on card processing charges to customers that wish to pay by credit or debit card. For any invoice, you can add a card payment charge as a percentage increase to the invoice total. In addition, for any customer, you can specify a default percentage charge to add to all new invoices created for that customer.
Adding a card payment fee to an existing invoice
- Navigate to the invoice in question.
- Click the edit/pencil icon at the top right to edit the invoice.
- Enter the card fee as a percentage to add to the invoice:
- Click Update Invoice to save and recalculate the invoice totals. You should now see the additional card fee detailed in the totals area:
Note that card fees do not include tax/VAT.
Specifying default card fees for a customer
If a customer always pays by card and you always charge a card payment fee, you can specify a default card fee percentage for all new invoices for that customer.
- Navigate to the customer from the Contacts/Customers menu option on the left main vertical menu.
- Locate and select your customer (search or scroll through list).
- Click the edit button to edit the company details.
- Enter a percentage amount into the "Default card fee percentage" field.
- Click Update Company.
Now all newly created invoices for this customer will have the default card fee automatically applied.