Entering manufacturing prices
Each of your product variations can be associated with a manufacturer and manufacturing price. These prices are automatically used when building a production order, although they can be overridden at any time.
For example, you may have a product variant that cost more from a supplier across a geographical boundary than you do with a local supplier. However, if your customer has an urgent need for a product and your local supplier cannot meet that deliverable, you may want to use the higher-priced supplier to fill the urgent need.
To enter a manufacturing price (and optionally, a manufacturer):
- Navigate to the relevant product.
- Under "Variations:" scroll down to the "Production" section.
- Select your Manufacturer from the drop down list in the Manufacturer column for your colors.
- Enter the manufacturing price beneath the "Unit price" input box. Assume that you are using the currency accepted by your manufacturer.
- Click the "Save" button to save your changes.