Adding "agencies" to your account allows you to segment sales, invoices, report on your sales by sales agency and track commissions of by sales. Adding Agencies also allows you to limit access to data based on the agency that the user login is associated with. Users from each agency can access your Uphance account and collaborate on sales for the customers related to that particular agency only. Only Owners of an organization have the ability to perform these steps.
To View the Agency Settings, navigate to Settings > Agencies as shown in Figure 1
Specify Agents Permissions
In Figure 1, Check the box for the Agents see all customers if you want them to see all customers including those associated with other agents. If this is checked, they will also be able to see the Showroom > Buyer accounts page.
If in the Settings > Agencies "Agents see all customers" is checked, they can see all buyer accounts. If it's unchecked - they can see only their buyer accounts (from their customers).
Adding an agency
To add an agency, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Agencies (Figure 1)
- Click the plus sign (+) at the top-right (Figure 2)
- In the "Name" field, type the name of your Agent (Figure 3)
- Click "Create Agency" button (Figure 3)
You'll then be taken to the Edit Agency form (Figure 4) where you can further configure the Commission details for your Agency.
For information on the Commission related settings, please see the Agent Commission and Commission Percentages section at the bottom of this Knowledge Article.
Associating Users with Agency
On shown in Figure 4, you can Manage (or see) the users who have logins associated with this Agency. If none or listed, you can click "Mange users..." and Uphance will take you to the Users and Permissions area where you can manage their access.
To provide an agent with access restricted to the sales associated with a single agency, navigate to Settings > Users & Permissions.
You can decide if you want the Agent to have "owner" permissions.
The result of associating a user with an agency are:
- The user will only be able to see customers under the Companies page (suppliers and manufacturers will be hidden).
- Each new customer entered into Uphance will be automatically associated with the agency.
- All sales reports will only reflect figures for sales associated with the agency.
- The user will lose access to all inventory reports other than "Available to sell" which is useful during in-season selling periods.
- Dashboard data including turnover, sales, and overdue invoices will only reflect sales associated with the agency.
- Other access is determined via the general permissions settings for the user.
- Agents will see all products and line sheets.
- Agents should see only their customers, sales orders or all based on setting (Settings > Agencies > 2 check boxes shown in Figure 1).
- Agents will see invoices, credit notes, pick tickets/shipments, etc. related to their customer's orders.
- Agents should not see at all: Production Orders, Purchase Orders, Inventory adjustments, Raw materials, Material requirements, Material inventory, Showroom. They will see the menu options but will receive a message that states the Feature is not included under their plan.
- Agents should receive notifications . Currently they receive all notifications of other users.
Permissions You can Control
As shown in Figure 4, you can add Commissions for each of your Agents. Specify these configuration settings for your Agents:
- Commission Calculation Period - Choose from Monthly, Quarterly or Season from the drop down menu.
- Currency for sales tracking - Your organization's home currency will be selected by default. However, you can change this if you would like.
- Commission Calculation Based on - Select whether you want that Agent's commissions to be based on the Sales Amount, the Invoiced Amount or the Payment Amount.
Commission Percentages for Monthly Sales
For each Agent, you can specify the Commission Percentage Ranges for their Monthly, Quarterly or Season Sales. When you first see this screen as shown in Figure 4, you will only have one blank row for entering commissions in this section. And, you cannot edit the first From field as it will be zero.
Once you enter the "To" amount for that first row and press tab, you will then be able to specify a % for the commission in the Percentage field/column. Once that is complete for the first row, you will then see a "plus sign" (+) at the end of the row to add another commission range as shown in Figure 6 below.
Add as many ranges as you want for each of your agents. These ranges (or tiers) must be sequential without a break. In other words, you cannot jump from 0 - 300 and then 500 - 600. You must account for 300.01 through 499.99. Use the recycling bin at the end of each row to delete a setting that you no longer want.
Please note in Figure 6, this Sales Agent will receive 5% on the first $300 of their Sales Order and 10% on the amounts over $300 for the full invoice as it will ignore the "TO" $500 amount.
If you do not want your Sales Agent to receive Commissions over $500, you will need to add a 3rd Tier of $500.01 through a larger number and set the % amount to zero. As an example, if you set your Commission Percentages for Monthly Sales using these tiers:
Then, on an invoice for a Total Sales of $6,321, your Agent's Commissions would be calculated as follows:
- 5% of the first $300 = $15
- 10% from $300 to $500 is actually 10% of $200 = $20
- 0% of the remaining balance of $5,821 is $0
Total Commission on a $6,321 Sales Order with the above Tiers: $15 + $20 + $0 = $35
Run Sales Commission Reports for your Agents. From the report, you can filter by Agent or by reporting Commission Period as shown in Figure 7.
The Commission Reports use the dates of the documents defined in the Commission Calculation Based On setting to calculate the Commissions for Confirmed Sales only. Draft Sales will not appear on the Commission Reports. Shipping & Taxes applied to Sales Orders will not be included in the Commission Reports.
For example, if an Agent's Commission Calculation Period is set for Monthly and the Commission Calculation Based on setting is "Payment amount", and the Sales Order was Created in April 2019 and Payment created in May 2019, the commission for this Agent would be calculated for May.
To access the Commission Reports:
- Click Reports from your main, left vertical menu
- From the Reporting menu, select Sales Commission Report located at the bottom of the menu.
- On the "All periods" drop down menu, select whether you want to run a report for your Agencies that were configured with Monthly, Quarterly or Season Commissions or leave it as "All periods".
- On the "All Agents" drop down menu, select the Agent you want to run the report for or leave it set to "All Agents".
- Click the "Run" button on the top right.
Associate Customer with an Agency
To associate a customer with an agency, navigate to the customer in question, click the pencil/edit icon to edit the customer details and choose the agency from the relevant drop-down.
When an agency associated user creates a new customer, the customer is automatically associated with the agency.
To Revoke Access to a User
To revoke a user associated with an Agency:
- User Permissions
- Locate Agency/User
- Scroll to bottom and deselect "Active" to revoke all access for this user.
If you remove and then add the user, you will not be charged additional subscription fees as there are no partial month billing fees.
Please note that Credit Notes applied to Invoices will not impact the Commissions. Although there are configuration settings within the Agents where you can select whether commissions are based on sales orders, invoices or payments, Credit Notes are against "future sales". So you wouldn't want to apply them against past sales within the commission reporting and then apply them to future sales/invoices or it would double your credits. As such, any Credit Notes applied will not reduce Commissions on these reports for your agents. However, it will reduce the Commissions they receive in the future against the future sales.
In addition, Agents will not be able to see the Integrations setting on their profile menu (top right corner initial drop down).