Manage Documents Overview
Within the Sales Order, there are two types of documents that you can manage:
- Transaction Related Documents
- Informative Documents
- Reference Documents
Transaction Related Documents
The Transaction Related Documents are accessed from the drop down menu on the top, right of your Sales Order within the "Create" button as illustrated in Figure 1 below.
You can create:
- Invoices (See also Shipping Charges)
- Pro-forma Invoice
- Credit Notes
- Shipments & Pick Tickets
You can navigate to a particular document by clicking the document number. The document will appear in the center of the page. If you want to "create" any of these documents, click on the drop down menu option in the Create button.
Figure 2 below shows what the top part of the Documents area will look after you create a few documents.
For more information on those documents, please refer to the corresponding Knowledge Articles.
Informative Documents (Output PDFs)
At the bottom of the screen within your specific Order section (where you added your products), you'll see another "Create Documents" area as shown in Figure 3. These documents are generally documents that you will print, download or email to your customer.
- Order Confirmation - Products will be listed in the "Display Order". See Settings>Product Setup. Also under Settings>Paperwork, if you select the field listed in Figure 3, your Mobile App users can sign for receipt of their product. And, their electronic signature will be displayed on their Confirmation PDF as shown in Figure 4.
Other informative documents available on the documents section as shown in Figure 5 include:
- Line Sheet
- Line Sheet with Quantities
- Task Tickets - Task Tickets are very similar to Order Confirmations except it will NOT have the following:
- In top section: Customer column, Ship to column
- In main orders section: Price and Total
- In bottom section: Payment terms, Extra text, Signature box, Footer
Add multiple reference documents to your Sales Order. You can add files with sizes under 5MB each, valid formats: jpg, jpeg, png or pdf.
- To add the files, click on the paperclip in the top right corner of the Sales Order.
- Select "Add File"
- Browse for your files. You can select multiple at once by holding the Ctrl key down while you click on them individually. Or, if they are in a list together, click on the top one, hold the shift key down and click on the last one. Then, click "open".
For information on how Documents are handled for Bundled Products, please see our Combination Product (Bundling) Knowledge Article.