You may have products that are exactly the same in multiple seasons (same product identifier). This can happen if you offered a product in your "previous year" collection. And, you offered the same product in your "current year" collection. Or, you may be offering the same product in your "next year" collection.
After a few years, you may decide you want to consolidate all of these into one product so you have fewer products to manage. The good news is that Uphance will allow you to do this while still retaining your color variances, sales order history, inventories, etc.
Note: Before merging two products, we recommend you take a "snap shot" of your product tabs so that you can validate the merge worked appropriately; especially if this is your first merge as this will help build your confidence.
To merge two products, perform the following:
- Open one of the products.
- Click on the down arrow on "Go to product" to see what seasons that product is in as shown on Figure 1.
- Click "Merge Products" blue link (Figure 1)
The next screen that displays is where you will have an opportunity to tell Uphance which product you want to retain and which product(s) you want to remove (or merge into the one you want to retain). (Figure 2)
- Retain - The top part of the screen is where you specify which product/Season you want to retain. Use the drop down arrow to change your selection.
- Eliminate Duplicates - The bottom portion of the screen (below the word "Duplicates") is where you select or deselect the products/seasons that you want to eliminate (or merge into the retained Season/Product. Click in the blue boxes to the left of each Season/Product.
NOTE: The next step cannot be undone. Please make sure you have your selections setup correctly. Once you have made your selection, click Merge. (Figure 2).
Uphance will then carry over your Product's inventory, color/swatches, sales order history for all of the duplicates into the Season/Product you retained.
Below we "merged" our Spring Summer 2018 Season's Product STCH-DRESS into our Spring Summer 2019 Season Product STCH-DRESS. As you can see, the orders placed on the Spring Summer 2018 Season carried over into the Spring Summer 2019 Seasons' sales history on the Product Details tab. (Figure 3)
On our Spring Summer 2018, we had 3 color swatches: Blue, Red and Yellow. On our Spring Summer 2019, we had 3 color swatches: Green, Brown and Yellow. After the merge, our Spring Summer 2019 product had 5 color swatches: Blue, Red, Yellow, Green and Brown. The inventory for yellow which was the only one in common between the two season/products were added together.
Also see Knowledge Article on Managing Products & Seasons.