As part of your product development, you many not only need raw materials but you may also need to specify manufacturing services. Uphance allows you to associate your products with both the raw materials needed to design the product as well as any services associated with the same (e.g. sewing, weaving, dying, etc.).
Before associating these Manufacturing Services with your product, you will need to create them in your Manufacturing Services database. To add a new service to your Manufacturing Services database:
- Navigate to Settings>Manufacturing
- Click the plus sign in the top, right corner (Figure 1)
- Type the name of the service in the Name field (weaving, dyeing, etc) (Figure 2)
- Select the default provider for this service from the dropdown list. The list includes all of your Manufacturers and Suppliers. See our Knowledge Article on setting up Manufacturers and Suppliers if needed.
- Price is a text field with a currency dropdown. Your home currency is preselected. However, you should choose the currency where the services will be performed should they be different than your home currency.
Note: Once you add a Manufacturing Service, it will be shown in the list illustrated in Figure 1. If you need to remove a supplier, click on the recycling bin at the end of the row. If you need to modify that supplier, each of those fields are editable by clicking in them.
Bill of Services
Bill of Services are displayed below Bill of Materials in the Bill of Materials PDF. And, they are also displayed in the Tech Pack. For more information
To access the Bill of Materials PDF,
- Navigate to the product's Manufacturing page.
- Click on the Documents section as shown in the top right
- Select Bill of Materials (or Tech Pack) as shown in Figure 3.
- The Bill of Services are displayed directly below the Bill of Materials as shown in Figure 4.