Creating a New Product
Before you can populate a sales order or production order, you'll need to add your products to your Uphance account. Luckily, it's quick and easy to add products to Uphance and only a minimum of information is required before you can get started building orders.
It's also possible to import product data by uploading a spreadsheet. All the different aspects of the product data (variations, pricing, images) can be specified in the spreadsheet.
- Select "Product" from the left, vertical menu
- Click on the "plus sign" (+) in the top right corner
Complete the 5 fields listed below and then click "Create Product".
- Product Identifier - Enter your unique product identifier. The product identifier can be used across multiple seasons. As an example, if you have the same product in the Spring as you have in the Summer, you can carry over all configuration items leveraging the product identifier. Note: This would not carry over the ordering/shipping information from one season to another.
- Name - Give your product a name.
- Season - Select the season in which you would like your product to be available using the drop down list. For additional information, please see our Managing Season Knowledge Article.
- Sizes - Specify the sizes you would like to use from the drop down menu. For more information on editing your sizing system, please see our Sizing Systems Knowledge Article.
- Colorways - Specify the Colorways for your product. This is the list of color/material variations for this product. You must select at least one color/material variation. This information is important and will be used to complete your Product Image and Swatch Images and Color Standards. See those Knowledge Articles for additional information.
Note: For information on "This is a product bundle" feature, please see our Combination Products (Bundling) Knowledge Article.
Enter (or Edit) Product Details
Once you complete the above information, you will automatically be taken to the Product Details tab. On this screen, you can update these fields:
Categories & Subcategories
Select the Category for your product using the drop down list. Categorizing your product helps you locate them more quickly using filters. Examples of categories are hats, dresses, etc.
Here are examples of Categories:
Here are examples of Subcategories:
If you do not see the category you need, feel free to select "uncategorized". Or, if you want to create a new category, click the Setup Product Categories link below the drop down list to be taken to the Settings>Product Setup page. On the Settings>Product Setup page, you can also define your Subcategories.
Also, see Product Display Order for how these categories and subcategories will be used.
Select your sizes from this drop down list. Or, select Edit sizing system or Rename a size label.
Specify tags which will help you search for your product later.
You will add a Product Image as a "cover image" on the Image tab. The cover image will represent your product. You can click on the "Images tab" link to get there from your Product Details page or click on the Images tab directly.
Once your cover image is added on the Images tab, it will be displayed on the Product Detail tab going forward:
For additional information on Images, please see our Product Images Knowledge Article.
Scroll down to the Description section where you can enter descriptions for your eCommerce, Showroom and Line sheets for your product.
Use the toolbar to add bold, italic, underlining, bullet lists and left/right/center justification to your text to make it stand out. Switch between the eCommerce tab and the Showroom tab to add different text. For additional information on eCommerce, see our eCommerce/Showroom Knowledge Articles.
Don't forget to save your work when you have entered this information by clicking on Save blue button in the top right corner.
Scroll down to the Sales section to see what Sales are associated with your Product. For more information on the "shore more" feature, please see our Sales Order Current State Status Report Knowledge Article.
Directly below the eCommerce/Showroom section on your Product>Details tab, you will see a section for "Related Products". The "Related Products" works similar to "Favorites" on Contacts>Customers. In both of these places, you can add or remove products. These products will be displayed for your customer to entice their interest while they are browsing this particular product. For example, if your product is a blue shirt, you may have other blue shirts you want to display as "related products". Or, perhaps there are boots, scarves, purses or other accessories that would compliment that product.
NOTE: For your eCommerce/Showroom, the "favorite" products will appear for your customers as well if the products are in a Season that is not marked "hidden" and is marked to "Show in Showroom" under Settings>Season.
Scroll down tot he Activity section to see what activity has occurred related to this product.
Once you complete the Product Details tab, you will want to further build-out the variations, raw materials, product design and eCommerce sections of the product. Please see these additional Knowledge Articles:
- Product Images - Uploading Product Images to your products
- Swatch Images, Standard Colors - Specify or upload your swatch images and/or standard colors
- Additional Production Variation Setup - Associate your Product Variations with Pricing, Production and Shipping
- Product SKUs - Associate your SKUs, Warehouse location, EAN/UPCs with your Products
- Manufacturing - Associate your products with Raw Materials and/or Manufacturing Services.
- Product Raw Materials - Associate your products with Raw Materials
- Product Designs - Create Tech Packs for your Manufacturer with Product Designs and Work/Build Instructions
- Product eCommerce - Associate your Products with your eCommerce or Showroom